Browse all discussion posts based on their category
Discussion Categories
Can't find the Answer you were looking for? 
12392 page views
I need help in getting my money back
Category: Scams
  • Reviews
    0 Reviews
  • Answers
    0 Answers

4/11/2014 1:38 PM (PST)

I was scam by State law group for a home modification, I received a letter from citgroup and it sounded legitimate and I sent them 3900. Which I had to borrow the money. I haven't heard from them and the house is still in foreclosure. I am finding out
now that this is a bogus company. I need help in dealing with this company I want my money back. Does anyone have any suggestions???

» Send Kudo  |  » Private Message  |  » Mark as Spam
Replies: 4
  • Reviews
    0 Reviews
  • Answers
    1 Answer

4/16/2014 3:25 PM (PST)

Laura, File a complaint online with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. If that fails to get results you'll need to go legal. A good attorney group to use is Parker Stanbury LLP in Los Angeles. Once you get your money back let me know if we can help with the foreclosure.

» Send Kudo  |  » Private Message   Is this helpful? (1)   (2)
  • Reviews
    18 Reviews
  • Answers
    53 Answers

4/17/2014 9:53 AM (PST)

Laura, Your best bet is to contact the state Attorney General in the state where the scammer is located. Getting an attorney is going to cost a lot and you will end up with a long waiting period while things wend their way through court and lawyer bills. This is not the route to go. All state Attorneys General have consumer complaint phone lines that are free to the caller. Also check the Internet from time to time on the scammer to see if any action has been started that you may be able to be part of. If there is a lawyer connected with this scam file a complaint with that state's Bar Association. It is worth filing a report against a lawyer scammer with the Bar Association because the Bar decides which lawyers can practice law in that state. Keep calling and demanding your money back. Sometimes that works. Especially when you tell them you have filed these other complaints. I work with people who have been scammed with a non-profit that does not charge the client. The earlier reply seems to be from a company that wants to "help with the foreclosure". Their advice is thin and they want to make money from your situation. I see nothing in your message about what state you are in. It is safer for you to contact a local non-profit housing agency (if you have not already done so) or your local legal aid society. Stay local.

» Send Kudo  |  » Private Message   Is this helpful? (2)   (0)
  • Reviews
    0 Reviews
  • Answers
    3 Answers

5/17/2014 3:10 AM (PST)

It is very important to have your very own house in the future. You should try investing your money in buying a brand new house. The country is plagued by mortgages that are underwater, where the proprietors owe more than the house is worth. It's estimated that up to one-third of homes are. However, a California mortgage company has the novel idea of using eminent domain to “condemn” the mortgages and force a refinance. Get a [url=]cash advance[/url] to help pay your bill this month. If you need help with your expenses, try availing a cash advance today. You will be able to pay all your due credits on time like your monthly rent.

» Send Kudo  |  » Private Message   Is this helpful? (0)   (4)
  • Reviews
    0 Reviews
  • Answers
    28 Answers

8/6/2022 5:34 AM (PST)

The state attorney general of the state where the con artist is located is your best bet. There are several unsecured credit cards and secured options to choose from while looking for visa credit cards and other possibilities. Go to to learn more about the Best Credit Cards No Deposit. The main distinction between them is whether or not they require a security deposit, especially if you are still developing your credit history. It all depends on your credit history, while some cards are also appropriate for people with bad credit.

» Send Kudo  |  » Private Message   Is this helpful? (0)   (0)
Page Top ↑
What's your opinion?
Enter Your Reply
  You must register or sign in to your user account before posting on Ask The Community.
© Copyright 2017 TrustLink All Rights Reserved.